day to day in the studio

Hello and welcome!

Monday, January 31, 2011

100 TEAPOTS V

I'm excited to have 2 of my wall hanging teapot pieces in the 100 Teapots V show at Baltimore Clayworks.
This is a national show, juried by Nick Joerling.  There is a beautiful slide show of the work on their web site. 

Jurors Statement:
My dictionary says a teapot is “A covered pot with a spout.” I smile at the judiciousness of that definition, like characterizing a human being as an upright body with a face. Buried in both succinct summations is the rich unending variety of mechanics, spirit, aesthetics, emotion, intellect. I like the blue-collar aspect of pots, that they do the every day work of carrying, containing, delivering, but can also “step out” and stimulate the mind and imagination. I like the pots that make good use of the constraints of utility, and I like the pots that push against those boundaries: pots that entertain some dicey possibilities. In my own studio I hope for pots that have qualities of sensuality, empathy, humor and risk.    -Nick Joerling

100 TEAPOTS V

January 15-February 27, 2011
Opening: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 6:00–8:00PM


2 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks for following my blog. I like the look of your work very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your work Kitty! So glad I found it. I see we like the same music and books too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...