day to day in the studio

Hello and welcome!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

To spring from the hand

One of the first clay books I read was Finding Ones Way With Clay, (pub. 1968), my sister gave it to me in in 1975. It is sort of a therapy/art/clay book, well it was the heyday of the '70's!  It had a big (positive) effect on me and what I would end up doing for my life's work.




Paulus BerensoHn the documentary about his life and work go to:
springfromthehand.com

“The word ‘art’, if you go back into its etymological roots, it’s not a noun, it’s a verb, it’s a doing, an acting, and it comes from the root for ‘to join’. So one is behaving artistically, one is in a state of intimacy and communion with the activity at hand”… PB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...